The EMEA Chief Sales Officer leads a team responsible for growing EMEA CXM revenues across all markets and channels. This role can sit in either London, Munich, Frankfurt or Hamburg.
Working with the Global CGO, Growth Officers and CEOs for the core EMEA clusters and markets, the CSO is responsible for devising and executing the growth strategy for the region.
The key growth channels are alliance partners, direct generated new business, large new opportunities with existing clients, and cross sales into the dentsu Media and Creative service lines.
CSO is responsible for the EMEA Growth Platform which includes Sales Operations (revenue forecasting, reporting, sales effectiveness), Pursuit Management (bid management including proposal and pitch development), and Alliance Partner Management (sales with and through alliance partners).
A major lever for growth is our ability to create value for clients by packaging and selling multiple capabilities from across the CXM service line. The CSO needs to be able to articulate a coherent value proposition for clients across CXM transformation to include business strategy and transformation (marketing strategy, , outcome modelling, target operating model, etc.), digital and advanced analytics, CX, commerce, data strategy and multiple technology offerings. They will be able to articulate the unique consumer (and business) value we enable our clients to deliver across Merkle’s CXM Transformation offerings.
Additionally, the CSO must focus on deal and client size. Specifically, Merkle aim to have multiple clients where with net revenues in excess of £20m per annum, as well as closing our first £50-100m client. The CSO must show experience of having crafted and executed strategic plans to close this scale of contract.
This role has a dual reporting line into EMEA President, Merkle/CXM and Global CGO, Merkle/CXM.
It will be important for the CSO to forge strong relationships with a number of internal stakeholders including regional CGOs for dentsu Media and Creative Service Lines, as well as the CXM Cluster CEOs.
Life as a Chief Sales Officer at Merkle
· Owns and manages new logo growth channels driving sales into new logo brands and the existing client base
· Responsible for +£10M in new logo pipeline conversion
· Develops and owns the regional growth platform for EMEA
· Works with stakeholders to set growth plans, budgets and targets for markets, clusters, and the region
· Ensures the regional teams meet or exceed their revenue targets
· Provides senior sales leadership to the sales and client teams
· Key integration point for acquired companies or new CXM market launches
· Accountable for Sales Management to include:
- Intake: Manages lead flow (including opportunity qualification) and coordinates closely with broader GTM team comprised of sales, solutions, client services, account management and multiple dentsu service lines.
- Pipeline Growth: Conducts regional pipeline reviews, ensuring teams are leveraging best practices, best content, and maintaining accuracy of data in SF.
- People Leadership: Responsible for sales coaching and leading team to individual and team performance goals. Including direct and matrix reports.
- Works with Client Service Leaders across dentsu to identify growth opportunities on targeted clients as part of our global initiative to expand our clients geographically and across service lines
- Supports account growth planning for designated Global and Portfolio accounts (Market and selected CXM/dentsu clients)
· Marketing interface: Partner with Marketing to define market targeting plan, including campaigns, events, and targeted prospects/clients.
· Practice Area Targets
- Development of Sales and Growth plans/quota development across all practice areas (CX/Commerce, Data & Tech, Strategy & Transformation, Marketing Activation, Analytics, B2B)
· Channel Management
- Alliances: Management of Global Tech Alliances team focused (e.g., marketing automation, commerce, Sales/Service Cloud offerings) with various internal teams in identifying, developing, and closing new business (pipe, sales, revenue)
o Oversees channel partner deals with ESLs
o Works with internal teams to develop alliance partner offerings and go-to-market strategy
‐ dentsu: Establish effective partnerships with creative and media service lines
‐ Acquisitions: Works effectively with growth team from acquired companies in the region, cross-selling into accounts to achieve synergy targets
· Client growth
- Creates and manages growth targets for Top 25 (or selected accounts) working with
· Sales and marketing management includes
‐ Direct management of Sales Team
‐ EMEA Pursuit Management team for key regional and significant local pitches
‐ Sales Enablement team to include SFDC management and accuracy
‐ Resource forecasting to ensure book to bill/work start accuracy = maximizing revenue at work start date working with Client Management team
· 10-20% ‘organic’ growth year on year
· 20% increase in Avg. Deal Size
· Closing of 5X +£10m TCV for EMEA
· >50% close rate across the region (current average 54% across EMEA based on TCV)
· SFDC accuracy in reporting
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.